Thursday Postcard Hunt - Bridges: Over Land

 It wasn't so easy to find postcards of Bridges Over Land (Bridges is the theme for September) for this week's Thursday Postcard Hunt!  

A short bridge over the entrance (it looks more like the exit, and the sign reminds drivers to turn their headlights out) of the Norfolk-Portsmouth, VA tunnel - postmark 1953

An ivy covered bridge in Delaware Park, Buffalo, N.Y. 

c. 1907-1915


A Pennsylvania Turnpike overpass near the Philadelphia interchange.  1960s   


Next week our Bridges will be Over Water. 

Comments

  1. It was difficult to me, too!
    These postcards are very special. I don't think they would issue something like that nowadays. Few people send postcards and, from those... who sends tunnel exits? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also have that Pennsylvania Turnpike card showing no traffic! I could think of lots of bridges for the theme - but finding cards of them was indeed challenging! The Delaware Park bridge would be nice to come across.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I saw the first image I thought it looked very familiar! And of course it is. It still looks like that!!! For a period of time I went through that tunnel daily.,,

    ReplyDelete
  4. I imagine bridges over water are more visually appealing. Although, that means that there might be a market for anyone looking to do bridges over land postcards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the ivy covered bridge. An overpass is a subject one wouldn't find nowadays either. It reminds me that I have a motorway service station card with an more or less empty car park, another niche card, just waiting for the theme to come up:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment