World Postcard Day & Thursday Postcard Hunt - UNESCO
Happy World Postcard Day!
I'm not too impressed with this year's official postcard. The year's theme is Paper Bridges. It's also available to print in mono so you can color it yourself. I'd color it brighter. For comparison, last year's is here.
It's also Thursday Postcard Hunt, which has us hunting for UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization) postcards. My postcards are sites listed on the UNESCO World Heritage List, which is an international register of cultural, natural, and mixed sites around the world judged to have outstanding universal value. These sites are considered to have irreplaceable historical, cultural, natural, or scientific significance. I noticed a few have been crossed off and "delisted." "Sites are delisted from UNESCO when they fail to maintain their outstanding universal value due to mismanagement, environmental degradation, or development projects." Reconstruction of cathedrals, urban development, etc. One site was removed when the government reduced an animal sanctuary by 90% after oil was discovered.
These sites are safe, so far.
ALGÉRIE – Une Rue Arabe (Algeria - An Arab Street) in the historic Kasbah, Algeria, Africa c. 1900-1910
.jpg)
Comments
Post a Comment