Wednesday Hodgepodge - Volume 674

 Wednesday Hodgepodge - Volume 674

1. Let's embrace it shall we? What's something you recently forgot to do? Is your memory these days more like a sieve or an elephant? 
I think my memory is pretty good, maybe not as good as the proverbial elephant, but I can't remember the last thing I forgot.  That might be a bad thing, forgetting what I forgot.  I think remembering well is to do with my answer to number 2!

2. Share a trick/strategy you have to help you remember things you need to remember. 
I make lists. Not lists on my phone, actual notepaper lists.  Grocery lists.  To-do lists.  I also have a real paper calendar taped to the side of my refrigerator.  I can clearly see when someone has an appointment so I don't plan something for the same date and time.


3. What's your favorite fall vegetable to cook with? Do you prefer your fall veggies roasted, blended into a warm soup, or fresh in a crisp autumn salad? 
I don't care for the strictly fall vegetables unless they are squash used in non-savories!   No butternut squash soup or the like for me.  The other types, like broccoli and carrots, I eat all year.  Brussel sprouts I can do without.  


4. October 5th is/was National Do Something Nice Day. Did you? If so tell us about it. Or maybe someone did something nice for you, and if that's the case please share.  
I didn't know about it until after the 5th. 

5.  Nathaniel Hawthorne is credited with the quote "I cannot endure to waste anything so precious as autumnal sunshine by staying in the house."  
Do you tend to spend more time outside this time of year? 
Sure!  It's still warm, but not too warm to go out. The park yesterday at 9:00 was absolutely gorgeous.  It isn't supposed to be too warm, but it's been in the low 90s here. 

Do you actively pause to soak in fleeting moments of beauty in your daily routine? Elaborate. 
I never thought about it that way, but thinking about it now, I do.  I try to look for opportunities for photos. Sunrises, sunsets, flowers... I spotted these coneflowers last night. 

6. Insert your own random thought here. 
It doesn't seem autumny enough to decorate for Halloween, but here we are.  I thought I had some inflatables, but my son says the motors gave up the Halloween ghost last year.  Some kids are a bit wary of these spiders.  I have had them for at least 16 years.  


Comments