Sunday Stamps: October 4, 2026
Birds is the theme this week for Sunday Stamps.
Killy Hawk or American Kestral
Montserrat 1970
Long-Crested Eagle
Rwanda 1977
Cinderella feeding birds (they look like parakeets to me, but are more likely a type of dove).
Poland 1968
Poland 1968
Speaking of Cinderella...
These birds from Batum, 1994, are Cinderella stamps. (a shorter read)
Top row left to right: Coal Tit and Macaw
Middle row left to right: Marsh Tit and African Blue Flycatcher
Bottom row left to right: Red Chatterer and Victoria Crowned Pigeon
Since they are Cinderellas, also called "illegals" since they were not issued by official governments, the postmarks are fake. They are Cancelled-to-Order (CTO), applied during production. Legally produced stamps from Batum didn't exist after 1920. You may find Cinderella stamps (those resembling government issued postage stamps) sold as postage stamps. I often see State of Oman dog stamps for sale. The State of Oman is not the country of Oman though. Many of the State of Oman stamps were issued to sell to collectors to raise funds for rebel groups. I like the "illegal" Cinderellas! In fact, I think I'll plan a post about mine, and my other Cinderellas. Easter seals, railway stamps, revenue stamps, "bogus issues," and more.
Next week will be Food themed stamps.
Comments
Post a Comment