Wednesday Hodgepodge - Volume 669
Hodgepodge Questions-Volume 669
My first time joining in the Wednesday Hodgepodge. Thanks to the host leaving a comment on my Blog Hop post on the A to Z challenge site, I learned about it! A day late, but here it is.
1. What's something you wanted to do this summer that you never got around to doing?
Oh, so much! Repair items that need to be done before the weather gets cold and wet.
2. Were you the student who sat in the front row or hid in the back of the class? If you could go back and take one high school class again just for fun, which would it be?
I didn’t hide, but didn’t specifically pick the front either. I liked school. I would probably take Creative Writing again. The teacher went on to publish some very good novels. I would want her to know I think of her often, and her haiku "rules," are still relevant!
3. What characteristics do you think are essential in a good teacher (this can be applied to anyone who teaches, not just classroom teachers)?
Patience!
4. September 2nd is National Grits Day. Have you ever eaten grits? Are you a fan? If so how do you like yours? Would people describe you as 'having grit'?
Not grits, but hominy, which grits are often made from. Not a fan, my father was though, that’s why I’ve eaten them. People have thought I am grittier than I think I am. After my husband died they thought I was “so strong,” when really, with minor children, what choice did I have?
5. What's something you're never too old or too young to enjoy?
Dogs came to mind first!
I'm working on decaffeinating myself. I don't think I drink a lot of coffee compared to some people, but I do have to watch my blood pressure. I would buy McDonald's 99¢ app iced sugar-free vanilla coffee (because cutting out sugar is important too!), but their coffee has more caffeine than a lot of other places, including Starbucks, and they say they can't decaf my choice. But Starbucks is 6 or 7 times more expensive, and while I can get decaf or half-caf, doesn't offer a lot of sugar-free options. So... I had a half-caf iced mocha today, so I don't get caffeine withdrawal, which I read is a real thing.

Comments
Post a Comment