Wednesday Hodgepodge - September 9, 2026

Ready-Set-Hodgepodge

 1. ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL?  On a scale of 1-10 how much of a fan are you? (10 is never miss a game and 1 is I'm just here for the snacks). Who's your team? If you're playing along today, but live outside the US feel free to sub your feelings about futbol for the more American sport of football.
On a scale of 1-10?  Sorry, my football scale starts at 0 and that’s where I stand as a fan. 0.  Not even for the snacks.  

2. What's something you currently have a game plan for managing? 
My rotting back deck.  Showed my son my plans just a few days ago.  Not physically drawn plans, pointing out what I want to do.

3. Do you like chicken wings? Hot, mild, or some other flavor? What's a must have food for you on a tailgate menu? I know tailgating isn't as big of a thing outside the US of A as it is inside the US of A, but you can also answer the question this way-what's a must have food for you at a sporting event viewing party? 
Not really, there isn’t enough meat on them to bother with. I’ve never tailgated, so don’t know what a typical menu item would be. I suppose if it’s a viewing party at a house, a tray of cheeses, salami, different crackers, hummus...  I have that sort of stuff on Christmas  and New Year’s Eve.  Snacky stuff.  

4. Teams typically have strict playbooks they follow. What is one unwritten rule or piece of advice in your 'life playbook' you think everyone should know?
Around here it’s “If the sink is empty, don’t leave dirty dishes in it.”  Also, “If the soap dispenser is empty, refill it.  It’s just as quick as adding water.”  Pretty much basic things.  Pick up your own messes.  I always told my kids that if they pick up a piece of litter while out walking they are then responsible for it, they can’t put it back down!  Then they’d be the litterers. 

5. This is the week we remember and mourn all that was lost and changed on September 11, 2001. I always include a spot for bloggers to share anything they'd like to share about 9/11. Share as much or as little as you like. 
We have an entire generation of adults (hard to believe!) that weren’t around when it happened.  It’s deplorable that so many now take it lightly, or even make jokes about it.  It’s just past history to them.  

6.Insert your own random thought here. 
I got a summons for the Grand Jury in the mail yesterday.  I've not done that before, it seems much more interesting, but more stressful in some ways, than jury duty itself.  That I've done only once, way back in the late 70s, a burglary case.  I learned that fingerprints can remain on a cardboard box for many years.  That mattered; it meant the accused fingerprints could have gotten on boxes when he'd helped people move, not because he later burgled their home.  I just realized... I do not have any proper clothing!  It's true, nothing but jeans for pants, and zero dresses or nicer shoes.  Good thing I like thrift stores!  

Comments

  1. I hope fixing your game plan goes to plan.
    That is great advice for question 4. I say exactly the same to my family, they don't always listen though.
    Eek to the summons for the Grand Jury. I have always wanted to do jury duty but this sounds a lot more serious. I did not know that about fingerprints.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been called for jury duty but never picked. It seems like advances in tech would make it tougher to get away with a crime, yet people still do. I hate to wake up to a dirty dish in the sink. I want a clean kitchen when I go to bed. Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A summons for grand Jury, wow. I've gotten a few jury summons but have never had to go down because I've never been picked the night before when you have to call.

    I am not a football fan. I don't watch any sports.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes--grand jury duty! Keep us posted. I've done jury duty a couple of times, and I learned a lot. But like you, I'd be a little nervous with grand jury duty being another step above!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment