Motley Monday - September 7, 2026

 Not a lot going on here.  It rained quite a bit for a few days, now it's warming up again.

During the rainy period it was quite cold, and I pulled out Mickey's blankie.  Actually, it's "our" blankie, as when it's really cold we share!


I scheduled my 'flu and COVID vaccines for Wednesday morning.  If you disagree with vaccines, go away. 

Earlier this year I sprinkled a packet of Dollar Tree Wildflower Blend seeds in the "new" daylily bed in the front yard.  I got annuals,  alyssum, Chinese forget-me-not, globe gilia, calendula, and a lot of perennials that don't bloom the first year.  I see blue flax, anise hyssop, coreopsis, coneflower plants, and what looks like penstemon, which isn't one of the listed seeds.  

 I've sown these before, but this is the first time I got the China asters, an annual kind.  Lots of variety!  The Dollar Tree actually carries nice flower seeds.  I've not tried the vegetables.





A few of the daylilies are rebloomers.  This Longfield's Pink is one.  May May is too, but I forgot to get a photo.


Little Lemon goldenrod is only a few feet high, so no invasiveness!


Of my four types of tomatoes only Bonny Best is doing well.



The Fluted Bird's Nest fungus in the park is "blooming," or spooring I guess.  I only see this kind in the park, the ones in my yard are Common, which are flat and look like pancakes or hamburger buns!  I haven't seen any yet this year, but I haven't looked either. 

Hope your week goes well.  

Comments