Motley Monday - September 21, 2026

Another Monday, so more random things around here.

Wild Grapes (California Wild Grape, Vitis Californica)

A reblooming daylily, Longfield's PinkMay May is the other one blooming again.

Morning Glories with rain drops.



  A hummingbird visiting the morning glories.



 
China aster in the evening. 


Delosperma 


I have almost all the deck boards up.
See how the deck went way past the edge of the house on the right?  It didn't need to do that, there is a concrete patio to the left of the house. I don't need the area to be out so far from the door either.  


Mickey's a big help!  He seems unphased.  The only time he notices is when I use the lawn rake to get the smaller pieces of wood together, then he gets the zoomies. 


Mickey had a disappointing park walk on Saturday.  Too many dogs off leash (it's not an off-leash park, and there is a fenced dog park there).  One, a yellow lab, was chasing a ball over and over, taking up the long side of the park, which is probably 2/3 of it.  Then, two dogs we've run into before appeared, off leash.  We had to leave.  In the past when they saw Mickey they made a beeline for him.  Now, he gets along with some dogs, however a feisty mini Australian shepherd (shouldn't have happened) and a Newfoundland mix (as big as one), charging full speed at him?  Who knows!  I think he'd react poorly. I've had to yell in the past, "Call your dogs!"

Last thing... I bought a new toaster a few weeks ago at Walmart, a Hamilton Beach.  Yesterday I replaced it with a $2 yard sale Oster.  Why?  The Hamilton Beach was short!  I've never seen a toaster that was short before.  Normal bread, bagels, waffles... they stuck out the top!  I assumed toaster would be standard.  There's your warning, measure your bread before buying one!


Have a great week. It will be in the high 70s and low 80s here.  Sunday was 90°.

Comments