Tuesday Treasures - August 11, 2026
Yet again, more St. Vincent de Paul 1/2 price ephemera!
These two old joke cards are not postcards. Both date from around 1915-1925.
"Scotch" is now used to refer to the whiskey, but it used to refer to the people and things from Scotland.
The note on the back, "I'm still butlering and being dignified as usual," is probably a joke as well.
I did get postcards, quite a few since they were half-off. Most were antique and only 38¢.
Here is one special birthday postcard. 1918
The bird lifts up for the birthday message.
I also got some unused WWII military humor postcards. These are five of them.
Is it just me or does this fella look a lot like Bill Dauterive (Sgt. William Fontaine de la Tour Dauterive) from King of the Hill? It's like they based his character's looks on this postcard!
At last, that's all for the 1/2 collectibles sale.

Comments
Post a Comment