Tuesday Treasures - August 18, 2026
I was early to an appointment so stopped in a the Goodwill at the other end of town. Finally, some artwork worth buying! Finally, anything worth buying. It's been pretty dismal at the Goodwill stores for a few months.
This was an instant "Yes!" as ravens are a member of my favorite bird family, Corvidae.
"That's So Raven," a silkscreen numbered (4/10) print by local artist Kassia Zegzdryn (Jackaloop Design). $4.40 It's pretty big, and the colors brighter than this looks.
Postcards From the Edge I (The Leaning Tower of Pisa) and Postcards From the Edge II (Cathedral Santa Maria de Fiore, Florence), paper collages by Melissa Markell. Titles, dates, and signature of the artist are on the backs. Of course these caught my eye with the word "Postcard." The artist uses vintage ephemera and her own handmade paper in her works, which sell for more than I expected. Only one had a price sticker, and I suggested to the cashier they may have once been rubber-banded together for one price! She agreed, so both cost me $6.11.
Then, in the Goodwill Bins I saved this abstract painted in 2013 by what looks like C. Tam. The C is under the T in Tam. It's a little bin-worn, bent with one small tear, but I like it for the blues. Abstract shapes? Maybe, but I see a porch with columns and a lit window (curve of shade or abstract glow of lamp), especially when looked at from a distance. I have it on my bedroom wall.
...diverse finds.
ReplyDeleteBut all flat so they don't take up much room until they're framed!
DeleteI briefly looked at the link for the artist who made those post card collages. I liked what she displayed. Thinking you got a good buy there for $6.11 total.
ReplyDeleteIt seems so. Her numbered prints run quite a bit, and these are one of a kind, not prints.
DeleteThat is awesome
ReplyDeleteMy SIL loves ravens. (Her podcast is named Raven.) Great find.
ReplyDelete