Tuesday Treasures - September 15, 2026

It's been quite some time since I found this unique salt and pepper set at St. Vincent de Paul.  In fact, it was way back in June.  Since then, nearly nothing, a few postcards here and there.    

I've not seen a shaker set anything like this before.  It was made by Hazel-Atlas in the 40s-50s.   It looks like a double-headed necked turkey.  I wonder if they represent drumsticks and should go the other way?  $5  

More current finds include this ceramic bird bath from an estate sale for $5, a real bargain!  


I ordinarily don't buy just one shaker, however, I hadn't noticed this was one until I got home!  It's a bell, and while it does have the S and holes in the top of the poodle's head, the cork plug is so far up inside it didn't catch my notice.   You can't tell just looking at it like this...  It's from Goodwill, not one of the new ones, which aren't good at all.


I have never decorated for Easter. The most I do is buy candy, especially the day after for 1/2 off!  I saw these in the Goodwill Bins, and just had to have them.  Heavy, so the cashier priced them instead of weighing them (the cashiers do that, plus it helps to know the regular employees!), so only $2 for all five.  They do fold flat. 


This Saturday is a city-wide sale nearby.  I'm not sure I'll bother.  Oh, who am I kidding? I'll go, just won't expect much.  Yard sales have been like Goodwill, lots of junky new stuff. Even estate sales have changed.  Also, people are asking way too much for things. Then they end up donating them to Goodwill, where I see them again.  October 2nd and 3rd is the annual book clearance at the main library.  Maybe I'll save my change for that.

Comments

  1. I wonder why the pickings have been so slim. Perhaps more people are holding onto the older things?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a unique salt and pepper set.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment