Sunday Stamps - August 30, 2026
Let's see some Vacation Destinations today for Sunday Stamps.
These are people visiting Vacation Destinations, not places I necessarily want to go.
These are people visiting Vacation Destinations, not places I necessarily want to go.
I love this one!
Great Britain 1994
"Bather at Blackpool"
Picture Postcards Centenary
Picture Postcards Centenary
Malta 1999
Tourism series
Tourism series
New Zealand 1981
Health series
Health series
Semi-postals with 2¢ going to Children's Health Camps that provided care, nutrition, and recreation for children recovering from illnesses, living in difficult situation, etc. Unfortunately, due to the drop in physical mail numbers the series was discontinued, after 87 years, in 2016.
I picked the New Zealand stamps because my Vacation Destination of choice would be the rocky tidepool beaches, but not in New Zealand. They'd be northern CA, OR, and WA. I wouldn't poke things with a stick like the girl in the illustration though! Nor, pick anything up, just observe.
September begins next week with stamps featuring Places of Education. Fitting, as in many areas schools reopen in early September after the summer break. I always started after Labor Day, but recently schools have been starting back in August.
Comments
Post a Comment