Sunday Stamps - August 16, 2026

 This week the Sunday Stamps theme is Rivers.

I have three oldies.  Well, two oldies, one is a teeny bit younger than I am! 

Australia 1934 - Centenary of Victoria 
The Yarra River, Melbourne, and a Yarra Yarra tribesman, a term used by early European colonists to refer to the Wurundjeri people of the Yarra River Valley.


Russia 1959 
The Chusovaya River and the Ural Mountains 


Jamaica 1938 
King George VI, Priestman's River in Portland, King George VI, and what look like pomegranates, but are citrus, representing the massive export industry of the 1930s.

Next Sunday will be Geology.

Comments

  1. The image on the Russian stamp is impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am realizing that I really like rivers in gorges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the inclusion of both horse and car on the Jamaican stamp, it looks a beautiful (and accessible) river.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must say I had never heard the names of these rivers. I love vintage stamps. They convey a lot of information!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these vintage stamps. - the color on the Jamaican one is fantastic

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment