Motley Monday - August 31, 2026

 I know I often wonder where the month went, but August really did fly by!   The weather is cooler, with rain expected later this week.  That'll be a change! 

Here are some things going on in the garden.  

Morning Glories



Dragon's Tongue Bush Beans


A Recent Harvest
Oddly, the usually productive Sungold is not producing many tomatoes this year.  Bonny Best (a $3 yard sale purchase) is the winner in size, color, and taste. 


Dazzler Penstemon


SunsparklerDazzleberry” Sedum



Garlic Chives 


I have some daylily divisions given to me by a friend that need to be planted today, either in the ground or in containers for later.  I need to rip out the old rockroses in the front yard (they've gotten too big and are ugly for most of the year), as well as some of the old curb iris that don't looks so nice anymore, which will give me more daylily room. Daylilies are such nice dependable, easy plants.  This will be once the weather cools down for good.  

Sidewalk Chalk Art at the Playground



Kids like to build "campfires" with the wood chips! 

 
There are lots of ravens at the park.  I noticed yesterday that one will stay in a high location keeping watch.  When it sees me and Mickey it will "caw" out an alert for the others to stop what they are doing and get ready to fly off.  I wonder if they take turns being sentinel, so they all get a chance to eat?  


Tomorrow's Tuesday Treasures is the yard sale ephemera I mentioned last week.  

Comments