Motley Monday - August 3, 2026

 Yesterday was the big indoor-outdoor flea market at the county fairgrounds. It was definitely not as good as last year.  It looked like a lot fewer sellers for one.  Worse, far fewer sellers of vintage mechandise.  

Did see some fun things. 

The restroom stall doors all had different quotes!


A coffee truck had a beckoning ape. On second thought, it's probably Big Foot. 


I only found two items (one was a set, so three if you want to be perfectly accurate).  

Each dog has only one hole, and the hole in the bottom is smaller than most shakers.  I find this is totally normal.  Japanese shakers of the 40s and 50s sometimes had a single hole on top if they were to use with a specific spice, and were called "range shakers." Sure, having two with the same number of holes wouldn't help you know what spice they contained.  These are two individual range shakers, not a pair. The bottom holes were engineered for a specific closure, tiny tapered cork stoppers or tightly rolled paper plugs.


This cast iron guy is a door wedge, not vintage, a modern reproduction.  Still, he's cute and was only $3. 


Someone, or someones, sidewalk chalked the entire block!  My back would ache if I bent over that long!


 Tomatoes!  Sungold, my favorite, are ripening.  Pretty soon there will be more than I can hold in my hand. 


The first nasturtium opened.  I don't have its name, it was in a mixed packet of climbing flower seeds that was given to me.  


Believe it or not, tomorrow's Tuesday Treasures is more of the St. Vincent de Paul 1/2 sale!  It will be the next to the last from that sale.  
Now I'm off to get blood drawn as part of my annual physical.  They tried on Friday, but nothing came out, so I was told to come back, and to drink plenty of water before I come!  

Comments