Thursday Postcard Hunt - Architecture: Stations

 Thursday Postcard Hunt for this week is Architecture: Stations 

Car Station, Swan Point, Providence, Rhode Island, USA
postcard c.1908-1915  
A car station was a trolley depot or streetcar shelter.


The theater and tramway station in Laon, France
 postcard c.1910-1914

 The railway station in Vincey, France
postcard c.1905-1910

Shelters is next week, the last of the Architecture theme.  

Comments

  1. I always go for the old-time, little town train stations.... so charming

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Car Station is wonderfully rustic blending nicely into its environment, I like the cyclist on the French station, he is not taking a chance and crossing the line.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, nowadays that crossing for the cyclist would have an ugly orange bar to stop him from crossing. The theatre and tramway station is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the old postcards you find.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that humble French station. They are scattered around the country, and make very easy to travel France!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment