Thursday Postcard Hunt - Architecture: Churches

 July's theme for Thursday Postcard Hunt is Architecture.  This week is Churches.

AZO stamp box, pre-1907-1910 - unknown location, most likely east coast U.S.A.


St. John's Catholic Church, Rochester, MN
EKC stamp box, 1930-1950


The Tower of London, England.  Tower Green, place of executions and St. Peter's Church
c.1907-1910


Next week's Architecture theme is Houses.

Comments

  1. The last one is not a particularly happy place, but is a nice view. that is quite the contrast between the first two churches. I'd like to see inside both of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always like vintage postcards. But the caption "place of execution" doesn't seem very appealing when choosing a postcard to send to friends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The St. John church postcard is charming, and look at the cars parked in front....

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...I love church architecture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are great vintage postcards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Church architecture is so varied and I enjoyed your pictures. Especially, there seems to be just something about New England churches. I wouldn't say your mystery church in #1 is in New England but it might be. P.S. We have a Sacred Sites Sunday once a year in New York State where many houses of worship (not just churches) open for several hours for anyone to visit and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the covered area on the first church, a nice place to gather and shelter from rain or heat. St John's is a fine building, love those old cars.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment