Sunday Stamps - July 5, 2026

 Sunday Stamps this week is the letter W.

Weevil, Flax
 New Zealand 1997

Wildebeest
South Africa 1954 


Waterbuck, Defassa
Republic of Guinea1961 

Next week we finish up the alphabet with a three-fer, X, Y, and Z!

Comments

  1. I like how the stamp makes the flax weevil look enormous. Glad to read they are 'only' an inch long and flightless, not that I'll ever encounter this NZ megafauna.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flax weevil has EVIL in its name!!!! 🤪 I love the Wildebeest stamp. You have some very original stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The waterbuck is an attractive stamp. Not so sure about the weevil...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The illustration makes it look a bit cute and sad!

      Delete
  4. You have found the most amazing animals on this A-Z, many of which I've never heard of before.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are fun! And I like the way you've followed them from A to Z!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, a good way to deal with X is to not deal with it on its own.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I learned some names of animals today :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. ...you can use reuse the first one for "E" Entomology!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the entire set of what they called Creepy Crawlies! Not all insects, but quite a few of the ten are.

      Delete
  9. A nice selection. I especially enjoyed the South African stamp. One fierce looking animal.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment