Thursday Postcard Hunt - Shapes: Curves

 Let's see some Curves for this week's Shapes theme with Thursday Postcard Hunt!

The I-70 (formerly US 40) and I-77 (formerly US 21) cloverleaf near Cambridge, Ohio - at the time it was the world's largest interchange.

The Pennsylvania Turnpike's Carlisle Interchange.

Patterson Bridge (or Rogue River Bridge) on the Oregon Coast Highway.  It spans the mouth of the Rogue River between Gold Beach and Wedderburn.   

Another Pennsylvania Turnpike, this showing the Kittatinny and Blue Mountain Tunnels. 


Yes, I have a lot of Pennsylvania Turnpike postcards!  The highway department seemed inordinately proud of it.

Next week's Shapes: Lines.

Comments

  1. I love the curves you found! The first two postcards are very curious images to send. I guess they were original at the moment they were issued.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice mini-theme within the theme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the first one that makes an infinity symbol. Attractive bridge, it looks so peaceful there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, yes, cloverleafs! Even the scalloped edge of the bridge card is curvaceous :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...interesting look at things!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The road curves are so interesting! and so many curves on that bridge....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was just on the Pennsylvania Turnpike earlier today, although not where these postcard photos were taken.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I have 23 Pennsylvania Turnpike postcards I just might have one from your trip! Like I said, they were inordinately proud of it!

      Delete

Post a Comment