Sunday Stamps - June 7, 2026
The letter S for Sunday Stamps.
Serow, a primitive member of the goat-antelope family. There are four species, this is the Japanese serow.
Japan 1952
Japan 1952
Sable
Mongolia 1959
Mongolia 1959
Starling, Rosy
Mongolia 1962
Mongolia 1962
T will be next week's letter.
I've never heard of a serow, thanks for sharing today!
ReplyDeleteI hadn't either until I looked for the stamp information. I would have just said it was a mountain goat. That's one positive about AI, identifying stamps!
DeleteI never heard of serows....He looks like an old man. Love the triangle stamps!
ReplyDeleteI like the triangles too! I have one for Z too, also Mongolian. I believe it will be another little known animal! I'd never heard of it before researching the stamp.
DeleteI hadn't heard the name of the serow even in my language ("serau", in Catalan). You always find the most interesting stamps.
ReplyDeleteYou are doing well in introducing us to little known animals, I've just enjoyed looking at a page full of pictures of serow. Love the rosy starling
ReplyDeleteand more Mongolian stamps! that sable looks almost pet-like, and I bet that rosy starling is quite the sight in real life Another who has never heard of a serow...
ReplyDeleteAh, a new Words with Friends word...
ReplyDeleteHa! Let's see who gets the chance to use it first!
DeleteThat's a new one for me.
ReplyDelete