Bearded Iris - May 2026

 There'll be more iris in the upcoming weeks, but for now here's what blooming.  

Autumn Tryst, division from a friend.

Unknown, free off Craigslist.

Unknown, free off a curb.

Mango Passion, division from a friend.

October Skies, division from a friend.


Another curb freebie, or as I called a free one in a poem, a "nameless mutt."  This, a yellow, and a pretty white I hope appears, are tall and need some support or they tip over.  


Nothing to do with iris, but look at these roses at a McDonald's drive-through lane!  I got a large iced sugar-free vanilla coffee.  Not the best, but with the app only 99¢.  That beats anywhere else!  I don't need sugar-free, but it doesn't hurt.  I get four pumps of the syrup instead of of standard six. 



Comments

  1. ...we will need to wait for iris!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got quite the collection of irises.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love irises! At the moment the magnolias are peaking, so patience!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your iris are beautiful! My mom had an enormous bed of them in our yard when I was growing up and they always make me think of her. I have some here but they did not thrive this year. I won a guest post on the A-Z but am not sure what's involved. Can you let me know? I think you were on the contact list. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had no idea that blog was you too! I have NO idea what the guest post involves! I checked out a few from last year to get some ideas. I came up with one, so we'll see where it goes. Hopefully we won't go first, or our ideas are taken before our turn. When it said to reach out, I just emailed and said it was me, not sure what I was supposed to do.

      Delete
  5. We have neighborhood dogwood blooming and I saw someone's azalea coming out but my bearded iris don't even have buds yet. No problem, because I have your beauties. That orange one-wow, I don't think I've ever seen an orange iris in person. So many of our area ones are purple, as are mine.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment